Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Closed system ---> Column + Vessel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I would like to created a system where I have a vessel that introduces a chemical species in a saturated column and the output of this chemical species at the column is reintroduce into the vessel. In order to do that I define in COMSOL:

1) A "Transport of Diluted Species in Porous Media" physic (tds) 2) A Global ODEs and DAEs (Vessel) (ge)

I am not sure if for creating the vessel, a global ODEs and DAEs physic is the best, but for me it looks appropriate.

In order to couple them, as boundary condition of my tds physic I will put (ge.variable), and in the ODEs and DAEs physic (ge) I need to solve the following ode:

du/dt = Konstant*(ceffluent - u)

where u is the concentration of the species in the vessel, and ceffluent would be the concentration at the end of the column. The only problem is that I am not completely sure how to define ceffluent, I have tried with tds.c(0.1) but it does not work, actually tds seems to not be adeaquated.

Any help or suggestion with the problem?

Thank you

Best regards, Dani

0 Replies Last Post Jun 29, 2018, 11:59 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Jara Heredia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.