Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Coil Magnetic field generated and maximum current density

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I'm new to comsol and I'm trying to model a small coil. I'm able to obtain the stationary study without problems. However, I would like to simulate the power dissipation and magnetic field generated by using a pulsed current, a sequence of a positive and negative pulse. I'm using the Time Dependent study to do that. When I start the computation of the study I get the following error:

Failed to find consistent initial values. Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged. - Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol4/t1)

The model can be download from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeu0rtc6wpn0b93/coil_test1%20-%20Copy.mph?dl=0

Thanks in advance

0 Replies Last Post Jul 13, 2018, 10:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello fr0x

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.