Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D symmetric coil model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If im trying to look at the magnetic field and induced current form a coil excited by an AC frequency in 3D, what boundary conditions do I need to use on the symmetric plane (coil and surroundings cut in half along axis). I assume the current boundary condition on the coil should be whatever current density is in the coil.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 28, 2009, 9:47 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2009, 9:47 a.m. EST
Hi

normally you should find your way through if you study in detail the examples in the documentation and the Model Library, there are several giving good indications in there.

For a coil loop you have either the voltage from one surface to the other or a current density, positive on one side negative on the other.

I still have some difficulties to conceptualise you model, but I beleive one of the two solutions above should do

Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you should find your way through if you study in detail the examples in the documentation and the Model Library, there are several giving good indications in there. For a coil loop you have either the voltage from one surface to the other or a current density, positive on one side negative on the other. I still have some difficulties to conceptualise you model, but I beleive one of the two solutions above should do Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.