Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Segmentation fault

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am running COMSOL 3.5a with Matlab R2007b. When I try to run a model m file (modified from the script comsol generates), I sometimes get the following message and COMSOL crashes (process terminated):

./comsol: line 1306: 8566 Segmentation fault ${MPICMD} ${MLCMD} ${MLARGS} ${MLR} "${MLRUN}"

Sometimes, the model runs to completion with no problems. Quite often, though, I get the above message. It doesn't occur at any one point in the code -- rather, it seems to happen quite spontaneously.

Has anybody else run in to this issue? Any tips?

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2010, 5:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Punit Prakash

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2010, 5:09 a.m. EDT
Hello I have the same problem. Is there anybody who could help?

This problem might affect many people, I have found hundreds of entries in discussion forums which described this issue, but since 4 years (!!), this issue wasn't fixed.

Please give us an update if this state has changed.

Hello I have the same problem. Is there anybody who could help? This problem might affect many people, I have found hundreds of entries in discussion forums which described this issue, but since 4 years (!!), this issue wasn't fixed. Please give us an update if this state has changed.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.