Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration Over A Subdomain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm a beginner in COMSOL and I might be asking a very basic question.

I was wondering how can I obtain the integration of a variable over subdomain to include it in the reaction term of the same model.

I am constructing a diffusion-reaction model. The reaction term depends on the number of molecules of the entire subdomain instead of a specific location, as per the simple diffusion-reaction.

Any ideas on how to go about doing this? Or any help documents I can refer to?
I did my research, and found I might be able to use the Subdomain Integration feature, but I'm not sure how to use this feature to include it in the reaction term of the same model.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Adrianus Mradipta

2 Replies Last Post Dec 8, 2009, 8:09 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 8, 2009, 4:27 a.m. EST
In my opinion you will have to use an integration coupling variable. More information can be found in the comsol manuals
In my opinion you will have to use an integration coupling variable. More information can be found in the comsol manuals

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 8, 2009, 8:09 a.m. EST
Dear Steven,

Thank you very much for your help.
I will do more research in that area.

Best regards,
Adrianus Mradipta
Dear Steven, Thank you very much for your help. I will do more research in that area. Best regards, Adrianus Mradipta

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.