Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a PDE form of a source term including an unknown variable in advection-diffusion equation of chemical species in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

My problem include "free flow" and "porous flow" domains for which I am going to consider transport of chemical species. In the convection-diffusion equation for the porous flow, The soure term, has a PDE form of an unknown variable (b) appeared in the source term. (attached image).

I was wondering to know how I can introduce this unkonwn variable and then define the source term PDE (second equation in the attached image) coupled with advection-diffusion equation (1st equation in the attached image). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Atefeh razavi

0 Replies Last Post Oct 8, 2018, 6:56 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Atefeh Razavi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.