Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem to setup an simulation case

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Problem to setup an simulation case

Hi there, I'm new to use this simulation software. I tried to simulate a rotating magnet which create another maganetic field among the balls in a bearing. Those bearing balls rotate themself and revolute the shaft in a parallel plan with the magnet. The round diametrical magnetized magnet has its own magnetic field, as a vector A. Those bearing balls would be generated a combined magnetic field by the rotaing magnet, as a vector B. In our experiment, the vector A shows a little diffefence direction from vector B.

I tried to simualte this situation followed the tutorial "Application ID: 10437 Rotating Machinery 3D Tutorial". In the beginning model, I left out the bearing balls' self-rotion and only simulate the revolution of the bearing balls via a rotating magnet. But the result is not as my expectation.

The magnet looks like having a rotation but the stream line of magnetic flux density hasn't. And the stream lines don't show up in the lower cylinder part.

Can any one give me the suggetion of the configuration of this case? Thanks a lot!!

0 Replies Last Post Oct 16, 2018, 1:00 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yen Tang Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.