Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D input and output

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Since I'm a beginner but want to make a model that might be useful to us, I decided to start in 2D but with proper dimensions. I'm just doing a laminar flow model. I know my pressures, and the flow rate in sccm (from which I can calculate the speed given input and output dimensions). However, I can't figure out how to specify where I want my input/output to be (I'm making my cylindrical chamber as a rectangle)... The input is 0.025m diameter and the output is 0.041m diameter (both on the same side) Eventually I want to add temperature and particle conditions but for now even this would be useful. I was also hoping to add a steel plate inside the chamber by which the fluid would have to pass Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post Nov 27, 2018, 5:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Veronika Cencen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.