Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sum of the fields or losses in parametric sweep, initial conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have a question regarding making sum of the fields (5.3 version). I have a material which moves in the cavity, so I made model with the parametric sweep of that moving.

As you all now, easily with the function emw.Qh we can plot resistive losses at some plane for some specific value in parametric sweep. What I want is to make a sum of all these fields, so at the end I want to have full power which is absorbed (but not just to calculate in W, I also want to plot that). So integration (Global definition, Integrate volume) is not enough. Is there any function in the Comsol with which I can access to some solution, so if my parametric sweep is for example (position1, position2, position 3, position 4, position 5), can I access to any of those array members?

My second question is regarding initial conditions. If I want to make also thermal simulation, then I need after first step to set up emw.Qh1 as a initital condition for the second step, then emw.Qh2 as a initial contition for the third step... This is as you know important since with the temperature also thermal conductivity and heat transfer capacity change. How to make that loop?

Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 5, 2018, 8:46 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 5, 2018, 8:46 a.m. EST

Hello Nik,

If I understand what you are trying to do, for your first question you may want to consider using the "with" operator. See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.4, page 272.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Nik, If I understand what you are trying to do, for your first question you may want to consider using the "with" operator. See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.4, page 272. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.