Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of phase transformation inside a moving object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

It is necessary to determine the period of time over which the water temperature (the initial state is ice) change from minus 30 degrees Celsius to plus 36 degrees Celsius. Water (the original state is ice) is in an airtight polymeric shell (it has the form of a pillow). Together with the shell, the ice makes reciprocating movements in the process chamber. The chamber is completely filled with constantly heated water, the temperature of which is 36 degrees. As a result of the movements, the water is mixed under the shell, and outside. It is important to model close to natural mixing. So far, I have not found examples of modeling phase transformation inside a moving object, the movement of which directly affects the speed of phase transformation Question I want to understand whether it is possible to moderate my task (in dynamics) in COMSOL? If so, can you find information on examples of such modeling?

1 Reply Last Post Dec 27, 2018, 4:38 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 27, 2018, 4:38 p.m. EST

Your problem is quite complex but it can be simlified by just solving shell filled with ice as reciprocating sloshing tank ( Search for sloshing tank example). Use phase change materials in heat transfer module.

Your problem is quite complex but it can be simlified by just solving shell filled with ice as reciprocating sloshing tank ( Search for sloshing tank example). Use phase change materials in heat transfer module.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.