Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal coupling on shell elements

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody, I am trying to ceate a thermal contact between two plates. I created medium surfaces to model the problem with shell elements. I am using the physical interface " heat transfer in shell ". How can a contact or thermal identity be created between two surfaces not directly in contact? Contact occurs on surface portions and not on edges. Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Dec 17, 2018, 3:54 p.m. EST
Eric Favre COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 17, 2018, 3:54 p.m. EST

Hello Dani, this looks like a perfect job for an "identity coupling variable" that you can define under the Definitions node. Best regards, Eric Favre, COMSOL France

-------------------
Eric Favre
COMSOL France
Hello Dani, this looks like a perfect job for an "identity coupling variable" that you can define under the Definitions node. Best regards, Eric Favre, COMSOL France

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.