Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Node Advanced tab fields

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm seeking more information about the Advanced tab fields for the Export Data node. I'm exporting the electric potential V and field variables es.Ez, es.Ex, es.Ey for a solution to an electrostatics BVP. I'm having the points evaluated on a grid in a spreadsheet format. Under the advanced tab, there are options to evaluate in the lagrange points or gauss points. There are also smoothing, resolution, and recovery options.

For resolution, the Custom option allows you to put in the order of the element. My understanding is that the element order is quadratic for the potential V (linear for E) to start with. However when I compare the output using order 1, 2, and 3, the output is exactly the same. I can understand that for E, 1 is the maximum order available. So does this mean 2nd order is enforced automatically for V?

Additionally, smoothing or no smoothing makes no difference. What is the intended effect of this option? Likewise with recovery?

Thanks, Yelena

0 Replies Last Post Dec 19, 2018, 6:24 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yelena Bagdasarova

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.