Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Corona Discharge in 2D modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I would like to know if someone has managed to convert the 1D model that exists in the Application Library to 2D for the Corona Discharge at Atmospheric Pressure.

I have created the 2D model and it seems to run (at least I get no errors). I have used almost the same settings with the 1D. The problem is that the simulation is sooo slow and it seems that never ends (I had it running for 15 hours), and I can't get any results out of it.

So I would appreciate it if someone knows about this and how to make it run like the 1D. Please, I am into this for 2-3 months know and I can't get any solution.

2 Replies Last Post Jan 24, 2019, 5:00 a.m. EST

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 24, 2019, 12:18 a.m. EST

Good day! I also want to develop a corona discharge model in 2D. Could you send me your model? I will be very grateful

Good day! I also want to develop a corona discharge model in 2D. Could you send me your model? I will be very grateful

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 24, 2019, 5:00 a.m. EST

My e-mail:yelzhanyermekov@gmail.com. Thank you

My e-mail:yelzhanyermekov@gmail.com. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.