Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Equal spacing across an object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm looking for an operation that seems quite trivial yet somehow I wasn't able to find a way to do it. My apologies in advanced if I missed something obvious, I'm very new to comsol. I want to create a very simple heat sink. I want to create the object in 2d and extrude it (an example 2d object is in the image attached). what I'd like to know is how I can automatically create the spacing between the ribs. Basically I want to understand if theres a way I could enter only the amount and size of ribs and let the software do the calcuating and equally spread them along the object (or alternatively remove the spaces that need to be removed). In this specific case the calculation is quite simple, but things might not be as easy in future projects.

Thank you and once again sorry if my question has an obvious solution.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 27, 2018, 2:52 p.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Dec 27, 2018, 2:52 p.m. EST

This can be achieved with an array operation in the geometry sequence.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
This can be achieved with an array operation in the geometry sequence. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.