Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Apply a point load on an arbitrary point?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a new in Comsol. Now i want to compute frequency response of a composite plate under a point load. i want to define the load on the arbitrary point. So i defined a point at geometry node, but it showd not applicable when the load is defined. So how to define a load on an arbitrary point? Thank you !

1 Reply Last Post Jan 10, 2019, 7:33 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Jan 10, 2019, 7:33 a.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Jan 10, 2019, 8:32 a.m. EST

Hi,

In principle, you are doing the right thing, so there must be some issue in how the point is included in the model.

This said, you can also add a point load at a completely arbitrary point (which may even be located at the interior of an element). This is more advanced, and requires the use of a probe (to capture the displacement into a variable) and a weak contribution (to specify the loading).

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, In principle, you are doing the right thing, so there must be some issue in how the point is included in the model. This said, you can also add a point load at a completely arbitrary point (which may even be located at the interior of an element). This is more advanced, and requires the use of a probe (to capture the displacement into a variable) and a weak contribution (to specify the loading). Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.