Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electromagnetic forming simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
how can we couple electromagnetic forming simulation with structural mechanics and it is possible to show the deformation in workpiece due to lorentz force distribution.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 21, 2009, 6:08 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 21, 2009, 6:08 a.m. EST
Hi

Well if I understand you right you have current densities from the EM (ACDC i expect) and magnetic fields, hence you can get the lorentz forces i the volumes/sections, that you should be able to couple as volumic forces in your structural model subdomain BC's no ?

Perhaps you need to add the B*B term for the iron in your circuit too ?

I believe there are some models out there or in the doc, just cannot come up with one like that just now

Good luck
Ivar

Hi Well if I understand you right you have current densities from the EM (ACDC i expect) and magnetic fields, hence you can get the lorentz forces i the volumes/sections, that you should be able to couple as volumic forces in your structural model subdomain BC's no ? Perhaps you need to add the B*B term for the iron in your circuit too ? I believe there are some models out there or in the doc, just cannot come up with one like that just now Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.