Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling of coil for wireless power transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a COMSOL model trying to excite a coil with 25V and 1A using the lumped port method and a frequency excitation of 90kHz to be used for wireless power transfer for battery charging.

I have attached the file but the results do not seem correct, I feel as if the coil itself may not be defined properly and no current seems to be running through it. What is the best way to make the lumped port to work in order to excite the coil at a frequency of 90kHz? I have also attached 2 screenshots from a video seen online for the results I am hoping to achieve.

I also wish to attach the coil to a ferrite plate in order to increase the magnetic field strength, are there any previous examples on forming some kind of union or assembly between multiple objects to see how the magnetic field induced in the coil interacts with a ferrite plate underneath it?

Many Thanks,

Arnas

0 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2019, 8:53 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arnas Zvirblys

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.