Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nested geometries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am trying to create a model in which there is a cylinder containing two ellipsoids, which are contained within each other, one being larger than the other. The larger ellipsoid is s1 and the smaller ellipsoid is s2. I am trying to apply multiphysics to each but am running into an issue. For instance, when I try to assign a porosity to s1, it automatically highlights what is both s1 and s2. How do I get around this? I just want to be able to target s1 or s2, not both at the same time, as they serve different functions. Or, when I try to apply some sort of physics to the cylinder, it selects both the cylinder and s1, but not s2. I want the three geometry components of my file to be distinct. I feel like this is a simple geometry issue that I am not understanding.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2019, 5:32 p.m. EDT
Akhilesh Sasankan COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 21, 2019, 5:32 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Mar 22, 2019, 8:03 a.m. EDT

Hi,

Have you tried using the tools available in the graphics section to 'Click and hide' domains to verify where your porosity is applied? It might be useful to look into how 'Form Union' feature finalizes geomtry as well.

Hi, Have you tried using the tools available in the graphics section to 'Click and hide' domains to verify where your porosity is applied? It might be useful to look into how 'Form Union' feature finalizes geomtry as well.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.