Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Start Time Dependent Study With Initial Conditions From A Time Dependent Solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody !

I am solving a simple case of fluid mechanics using modules "Laminar Flow" and "Transport of diluted species". The case is simple : I inject a fluid (water) in a network (concentration = 1) from a specific boundary from t=0 to t=1, and I would like to inject (again) a fluid (water) from another boundary from t=1 to t=2. I want to do my second injection considering the network already filled by the first injection. To do that, I need to start my second Time Dependent study-step using last solution of the first Time Dependent study-step as initial condition. I succeded running both simulations independently, but for the second one, I can only see my fluid spreading in an empty network (without the c=1 from the first study). I think that I have a problem with my settings or that I forgot something. Maybe in the section "Initial values of variables solved for" or "Values of variables not solved for".

If someone can help me, I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Florian

0 Replies Last Post Mar 14, 2019, 6:59 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Florian Crepin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.