Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Graphing cut line of a solution divided by a point probe value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I have an EM simulation in which my region of interest is a cut line. I wish to plot to plot normE of the solution divided by the value of the normE at the origin (which I have from a probe). What is the easiest way to do this? I will describe what I have already tried down below.

Thanks!

Already tried: * I defined a point probe at the origin, then changed the expression to be es.normE. Directly trying es.normE/comp1.V works, es.normE/comp1.normE gives an error. * Next, I tried to use "Join"-> "Explicit" to join the cut line and probe data points. Unfortunately, I keep getting the following error: "Operation cannot be performed on data set cpt1 (Cut point 3D); - Plot: previewplot1 (Line)"

1 Reply Last Post Apr 9, 2019, 2:29 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 9, 2019, 2:29 a.m. EDT

The point probe defines a global variable that typically is called something like ppb1 and has the description "Probe variable ...". To see a list of available variables of that type, open the Add/Replace Expression tree in a scalar evaluation feature and look in the folder Component 1 > Definitions.

I suggest that you create a Line Graph plot in a 1D plot group, set the data set in the plot to the Cut Line, and then plot es.normE/ppb1.

The point probe defines a global variable that typically is called something like ppb1 and has the description "Probe variable ...". To see a list of available variables of that type, open the Add/Replace Expression tree in a scalar evaluation feature and look in the folder Component 1 > Definitions. I suggest that you create a Line Graph plot in a 1D plot group, set the data set in the plot to the Cut Line, and then plot es.normE/ppb1.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.