Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluating Volume in Livelink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am trying to use Livelink to create a geometry in Matlab which I will then run a model on later. To build my geometric sequence I need a way of accessing properties such as the total volume of the currently built geometry. Is there a way to do this in Matlab. I need basically information similar to what the measure function in COMSOL would give me or that I would get using a volume integral probe over all the domains but in Matlab.

The way I found of doing this so far seems rather convoluted, I created a probe, ran a blank study from Matlab, exported the probe table and loaded it back into Matlab to give me the volume.

Best wishes,

David

3 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2019, 2:59 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 9, 2019, 9:31 a.m. EDT

Hi David

Yes, measurements are available in LiveLink for Matlab. See the Programming Reference Manual in the section titled "Measurements" on page 207 ;-)

There are more functions for getting geometry information in this section: "Geometry Object Information".

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi David Yes, measurements are available in LiveLink for Matlab. See the Programming Reference Manual in the section titled "Measurements" on page 207 ;-) There are more functions for getting geometry information in this section: "Geometry Object Information".

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 9, 2019, 10:15 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Apr 9, 2019, 10:28 a.m. EDT

Thank you for getting back to me and for that. I was looking in the livelink manual previously!

Best wishes,

David

Thank you for getting back to me and for that. I was looking in the livelink manual previously! Best wishes, David

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 10, 2019, 2:59 a.m. EDT

Hi David

I've seen about a handful of questions regarding measurements using the API over the past decade. Hence this hasn't made it to the LiveLink for Matlab documentation or any wrappers. As most of our development is user driven we may add support for this in a future release of Comsol if we see an increasing demand.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi David I've seen about a handful of questions regarding measurements using the API over the past decade. Hence this hasn't made it to the LiveLink for Matlab documentation or any wrappers. As most of our development is user driven we may add support for this in a future release of Comsol if we see an increasing demand.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.