Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export geometry from application builder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to create an optical simulation of fresnel lens, to which i made a geometry loop using the difference of cylinders to make each ring. As far as i know this procedure would take a lot of time to create in the model builder, but prove me wrong. Can i export the geometry i made in the application builder to the model builder?

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 Reply Last Post Apr 10, 2019, 2:02 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Apr 10, 2019, 2:02 p.m. EDT

I am not sure if I understand the issue properly. If you create a geometry in a method in the application builder this geometry is present in the model after running the method. No need to export from application builder to model builder.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I am not sure if I understand the issue properly. If you create a geometry in a method in the application builder this geometry is present in the model after running the method. No need to export from application builder to model builder. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.