Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance between two electrodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have problems calculating the impedance as a function of frequency between two metal electrodes, within a liquid medium using Comsol 5.3 and "Electric current(ec)" module. I used frequency domain and parametric sweep, after computing the model I go to global evaluation and add the expression "abs(1/ec.Y11)" (Inverse of Admittance = Impedance), however I obtained a fixed value for all frequencies, which doesnt make any sense. What could be the error here?

0 Replies Last Post Apr 15, 2019, 6:47 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pedro Duarte Riveros

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.