Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assistance on coupling MATLAB script with a COMSOL transport model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Basically, this is my problem: I have two MATLAB programs, program A is able to calculate the concentrations of chemical species by solving a system of non-linear equations, given an initial value of an input parameter.

MATLAB Program B, uses the value of the chemical species concentrations mentioned in program A and calculates the value of the parameter.

on the other hand, I would like to solve a non-steady state 1D transport model in COMSOL a interval from (0,L) at all the nodes of my geometry.

I would like to couple MATLAB with COMSOL in such way that the initial concentrations provided by the MATLAB program, can be used as the initial concentrations in my COMSOL transport model, solve my transport equations and move to the next node and time step and use now the concentrations obtained by COMSOL and feed them into the MATLAB program to calculate again the desired parameter.

And I would like to continue solving the model through all the geometry distance.

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.

2 Replies Last Post May 7, 2019, 8:51 a.m. EDT

Posted: 5 years ago May 3, 2019, 9:21 a.m. EDT

Hi,

You can download readymade examples from (bottom of the webpage). This gives you a good starting point.

https://infoscience.epfl.ch/record/143469

It is said in the same webpage that you can contact the author for more upto date version.

Suresh

Hi, You can download readymade examples from (bottom of the webpage). This gives you a good starting point. https://infoscience.epfl.ch/record/143469 It is said in the same webpage that you can contact the author for more upto date version. Suresh

Posted: 5 years ago May 7, 2019, 8:51 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago May 7, 2019, 8:51 a.m. EDT

Thank you very much for your information Suresh Seetharam

You have a wonderful day

Sincerely

Isaias

Thank you very much for your information Suresh Seetharam You have a wonderful day Sincerely Isaias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.