Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to analyse te fluid flow on a solid cyinder

NaveenKumar Honnagondanahalli

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi friends,

I am Naveen. I am Having one more doubt.

I have a 3d solid cylinder and there is a fluid flow on it. i am not able to define the boundary conditions like inlet and oulet for this problem,bcoz it is selecting 1 side of the cylinder as inlet and the other as outlet. but actually the flow is over the cylinder. Plz friends if u have the solution for this plz help me.

Thank U.

naveen.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 30, 2009, 5:57 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2009, 5:57 a.m. EST
Hi

I do not fully understand you, if your fluid is flowing on the "outside" of a cylider it must be contained by another larger cylinder, no?
To define the fluid you need a volume/surface=subdomain where it is, if not you can simulate the fluid effects on the boundary surface by setting up boundry physics there, such as heat exchange, in this way you do not need to mesh a fluid volume etc.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not fully understand you, if your fluid is flowing on the "outside" of a cylider it must be contained by another larger cylinder, no? To define the fluid you need a volume/surface=subdomain where it is, if not you can simulate the fluid effects on the boundary surface by setting up boundry physics there, such as heat exchange, in this way you do not need to mesh a fluid volume etc. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.