Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Set Variable according to momentary Value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I want to create a Variable in COMSOL that will be set to 0 or 1 depending on the momentary results. I am using the Bioheat Package. What I want to achieve is the variable being set to 1 if a certain Temperature Value is reached to include another term into the calculation for the next step. I would be really happy if someone could help me!

1 Reply Last Post Jun 19, 2019, 8:31 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 19, 2019, 8:31 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jun 19, 2019, 8:33 a.m. EDT

Hello Alice,

The Events interface can be used to turn terms on or off. This blog on the Events interface explains how to use it in a practical case.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Alice, The Events interface can be used to turn terms on or off. This [blog](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/implementing-a-thermostat-with-the-events-interface/) on the Events interface explains how to use it in a practical case. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.