Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hinge model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I've modelled a hinge with structural mechanics module via a rigid connector. Can anyone tell me how I can move (rotate) the connected solid object along the axis of the pin hole?? I've attached the model file and a photo for better understanding.

Many thanks

Shaghayegh

3 Replies Last Post Jul 1, 2019, 10:16 a.m. EDT
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 21, 2019, 12:50 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jun 21, 2019, 12:50 a.m. EDT

Dear Shaghyegh,

It seems you are using Form union in the geometry whereas for multibody modeling, in order to allow relative motion between the two components, geometry should use Form assembly. Note that before using Form assembly you need to use one or several Union nodes in geometry for domains of each component if they are not already in union state.

You can also refer hinge_assembly model from Application Library for more details.

Best regards, Pawan Soami

Dear Shaghyegh, It seems you are using Form union in the geometry whereas for multibody modeling, in order to allow relative motion between the two components, geometry should use Form assembly. Note that before using Form assembly you need to use one or several Union nodes in geometry for domains of each component if they are not already in union state. You can also refer hinge_assembly model from Application Library for more details. Best regards, Pawan Soami

Posted: 5 years ago Jun 21, 2019, 4:50 a.m. EDT

Dear Pawan,

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards, Shaghayegh

Dear Pawan, Thank you very much for your help. Kind regards, Shaghayegh

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 1, 2019, 10:16 a.m. EDT

Dear Pawan, I tried using Form assembly and before that I had grouped the domains by using Form union. However, I receieved error. It seems that there is an issue with the way of applying the load and the amount of it. Could you please help me,

Best regards, Shaghayegh

Dear Pawan, I tried using Form assembly and before that I had grouped the domains by using Form union. However, I receieved error. It seems that there is an issue with the way of applying the load and the amount of it. Could you please help me, Best regards, Shaghayegh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.