Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot the 'gap distance' between two points with time

Suresh Kadinappuli Hewage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am analysing the gas flow in coal mass and the resultant deformation of the coal matrix. There, the gas flows through the coal fractures, diffuses through the coal matrix and adsorbed on to the coal matrix, resulting in matrix swelling. I can model the flow in fractures with Darcy flow module, diffusion and adsorption with coefficient form PDE and deformation with solid mechanics module.

I have used contact models to model fracture closure due to matrix swelling. There I need to plot the variation of fracture aperture with time. I noticed that we can do it in COMSOL using 'gap distance', but I could not plot the graph. The geometric model is attached herewith. Could you please explain to me how to plot the distance between two points that are highlighted in the figure? (Which type of graph should I use, which variable, etc.)

Thank you, Suresh.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 23, 2019, 10:55 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Suresh Kadinappuli Hewage

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.