Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Analytic Function for Heat Source in a Pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I have a problem with the analytical function. I need to simulate a heat source in a pipe that is not to be distributed evenly.

First I have the function as constant, then linear and plumbed. When I simulated it, I didn't get the performance I expected.

I also don't understand the constant function. The area under the curve in my case must be the power, which is not the case. Also with the linear function, the area under the curve is not the total heat released.

As an example: To distribute 92 W heat (area under the curve = 92 W) over 0.145 m, 634.48 (area of a rectangle = length x width) is required according to simple mathematical rules. Nevertheless, according to Surface Integration, 634.48 W are free. I dont Understand how COMSOL use the analytic function (the handbook dont help me so far).

Thank you for your advices :)

0 Replies Last Post Aug 13, 2019, 6:21 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Emir Iljazi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.