Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Image expored failed, anmation exporting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am simulating a 2D model of pm motor. I need to export the animation as a file. While I exported the animation, it showed the following error, which shows as the image upload 'error'.

But, I have an assumption, in the Setting module (the upload image animation setting) , there is a browse button, I had change the path of the file, it still falied. Should I change the filename or other ways?

How can I handle this problem? Hope you can share you idea with me.

Best regards

Joey

1 Reply Last Post Aug 26, 2019, 3:55 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 26, 2019, 3:55 a.m. EDT

I suspect that the reason for the error is that your user name contains non-ASCII characters. This can be a problem when the program creates temporary files (in this case images for the animation). To fix this you can set the directory for temporary files explicitly: E.g., comsol.exe -tmpdir C:/temp.

I suspect that the reason for the error is that your user name contains non-ASCII characters. This can be a problem when the program creates temporary files (in this case images for the animation). To fix this you can set the directory for temporary files explicitly: E.g., comsol.exe -tmpdir C:/temp.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.