Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling the 3D Magnetic Component with 2D CFD_FSI component using general extrusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am doing some multiphysics analysis of cantilever beam which involves the CFD fluid structure interaction coupled with magnetic and piezoelectric physics.

A piezo cantilever beam in excited with piezoelectric patch by applying voltage, partially submerged into magnetorheological fluid (MR) surrounded by an electromagnet.

When the electromagnet produces the magnetic field then the MR fluid changes the behavior from newtonian fluid to non newtonian fluid. This can be modeled by Bingham's plastic model available in comsol 5.4. Then beam excited with piezo material patch by applied volatge vibrates in the MR fluid. I am trying to find out the transient response of the beam at various excitation frequencies.

I did some analysis in comsol 5.4 and I got some results with Piezo FSI CFD analysis. But when I tried to couple the magnetic analysis results with CFD I got some error. I did 3D magnetic analysis (In Component 1) to calculate the magnetic field intensity. Then I wanted to map this magnetic field intensity into 2D CFD analysis in Componenet 2 by using General Extrusion Operator. Here I am getting results such that

'"Extrusion coupling operator interpolation failed for at least one point: no source point found."

So anybody if interested to help me I will really appreciate it and ready to pay for his expertise. We can discuss that in detail depends on scope of the work. But I need the solution. I dont understand how to upload the figures over here. But if you want I can send you in personal message. I can provide you a geometry.

0 Replies Last Post Sep 25, 2019, 1:29 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tausif

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.