Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar inflow doesn't show in boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a newbe to Comsol. In order to master the Comsol, I am trying to slove one of the available one's in Comsol library. In the "Optimization of a Tesla Microvalve" I am trying to define all things by myself through the function library. I downloaded following file: https://www.comsol.com/model/optimization-of-a-tesla-microvalve-14513 tesla_microvalve_optimization.mph - 1.58MB

Until "material" everything goes well. In page 9, in Laminar flow (spf) on item 3 it says: In the settings window for Inlet, locate the Boundary Conditions section. In item 4 it says: "From the list, choose Laminar inflow" However "Laminar inflow" doesn't show up in the drop down list. Is it because I haven't done somthing in the past steps? How can I solve this issue? TIA

-------------------
New to Comsol

0 Replies Last Post Sep 27, 2019, 2:23 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yabi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.