Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in getting dispersion curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to get the dispersion curve of a complex photonic crystal waveguide. I went through the tutorial "bandgap-photonic-crystal". I imported my geometry and changed the boundary conditions and other field to make it compatible with my model. I have the dispersion curve. The point is that when I change the k value manually (by hand for the study1) I get the almost resonable dispersion but the dispersion which is calculated by COMSOL in study2 seems not to be correct. It came to my mind whether in each step COMSOL can search for the localized mode. If so, why the results of both study are not identical?

I apperatiate any hint or comment.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 8, 2019, 10:28 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paweł Karwat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.