Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create tortuous geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, For my masters research work i need to create tortuous geometry for fluid flow. Could you guys please help me regarding this geometry? I attached a similar images for example what i wanna create. In my case, I need control on the diameter as well as the amplitude of the curve. If possible could you guys tell me how can I create this geometry in 2D axisymetric? In my case diameter should always remain same in each case. even though when it is bending diameter needs to be reamin same. Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2019, 1:55 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 9, 2019, 4:36 a.m. EDT

Your best option is probably to define a spine curve, that is the curve in the middle of the domain and sweep the cross section along the spine. Check the geometry editor and its documentation.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Your best option is probably to define a spine curve, that is the curve in the middle of the domain and sweep the cross section along the spine. Check the geometry editor and its documentation. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 11, 2019, 12:40 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Oct 11, 2019, 8:40 a.m. EDT

Thank you. Could you please tell me where can i find geometry editor and its documentation?

Thank you. Could you please tell me where can i find geometry editor and its documentation?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 11, 2019, 1:55 p.m. EDT

It is all in your COMSOL Multiphysics software. If you want to work with it you won't get around looking into its options, menus, documentation, etc.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
It is all in your COMSOL Multiphysics software. If you want to work with it you won't get around looking into its options, menus, documentation, etc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.