Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rigid connector for applying load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to apply a force on a solid body from a point that is some distance from the body by using Rigid connector. I have a surface on the body and I made a Point in the space and I try to make a Rigid connector from the surface and the point. It does't work, I am not able to select the point, only the surface. Can someone help me with that? Am I using the right aproch for this?

Thanks

Ofir

2 Replies Last Post Oct 29, 2019, 9:42 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 28, 2019, 6:20 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Oct 28, 2019, 2:20 a.m. EDT

Hi,

In the Applied Force subnode under Rigid Connector, you enter the coordinates of where the fore acts, rather than providing a geometrical point.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, In the **Applied Force** subnode under **Rigid Connector**, you enter the coordinates of where the fore acts, rather than providing a geometrical point. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 4 years ago Oct 29, 2019, 9:42 a.m. EDT

Hi Henrik

It works!

Thank you very mach!

Ofir

Hi Henrik It works! Thank you very mach! Ofir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.