Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal Stress

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to find thermal stress using COMSOL for layered structures. Does anyone has helpful material instruction file or video ? other than this one--https://www.comsol.com/model/download/549661/models.mems.layered_plate.pdf. -----My Problem is I am trying to simulate the thermal stress in multilayered structures using COMSOL. I don't need multiple temperature steps, just one step from ~1020 to ~20 degC. My sample have Si base of ~500 um, then GaN of 2 um, and Si3N4 stripes of 0.75 um and finally again overgrown top GaN layer of 2 um. Could you please help me to get the thermal stress on this structure. Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 30, 2019, 4:59 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello CB Gautam

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.