Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add different color for same domain for better simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there, I am facing a problem, where I cannot find an option to change the fluid domain color to 2 different values. I am simulating the flow over a cylinder with splitter plate. Now when vortex shedding happens, I want to assign the incoming fluid above the cylinder as one color and the below one using different color just so as to get a clear understanding of fluid mixing in the vortex. Any ideas on how to make it happen. Also I couldn't plot the vorticity contours, if anyone can shed light on that too then it would be helpful. Thank You

1 Reply Last Post Nov 2, 2019, 7:09 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Nov 2, 2019, 7:09 a.m. EDT

Hi,

you may consider to introduce a variable like above = y>0. You can then plot this 'above' variable wich will be zero for negative values and 1 for positive. Modify this approach as required.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, you may consider to introduce a variable like above = y>0. You can then plot this 'above' variable wich will be zero for negative values and 1 for positive. Modify this approach as required. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.