Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is mesh built in the livelink with MATLAB physics or user defined?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I normally use the GUI for COMSOL but I have recently switched to using the LiveLink with MATLAB applicaiton. I know in the GUI you can select whether it is a physics defined mesh or a user defined mesh.

However, in the matlab application you use the command mesh1.feature('size').set('hauto','5'); to control the size of the area elements.

Will this automatically adjust the area elements in regiouns of intrest or not?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2019, 7:46 a.m. EST
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Nov 6, 2019, 7:46 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Nov 6, 2019, 7:46 a.m. EST

Hi Owen

You have exactly the same possibilities of setting up a model in the GUI as when using LiveLink for Matlab. As always, just set up the model in the GUI with the settings you need and save the model as an M-file to learn what commands are necessary for setting up the model.

The 'hauto' property corresponds to the mesh settings Normal, Fine, Coarse, and so forth. You can read more about this in the Programming Reference Manual. The Matlab command for opening this help text is:

mphdoc(model.mesh('mesh1'), 'size')

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Owen You have exactly the same possibilities of setting up a model in the GUI as when using LiveLink for Matlab. As always, just set up the model in the GUI with the settings you need and save the model as an M-file to learn what commands are necessary for setting up the model. The 'hauto' property corresponds to the mesh settings Normal, Fine, Coarse, and so forth. You can read more about this in the Programming Reference Manual. The Matlab command for opening this help text is: mphdoc(model.mesh('mesh1'), 'size')

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.