Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can the electric field to continually adapt to the deformed mesh?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have created a FSI model with moving mesh, which is using an ElectroOsmotic Flow velocity to deform a solid membrane. The EOF is couple with the electrostatic by E field. And the FSI type is using the fully couple. My issue is, the E field calculated from the electrostatic model is not considering the deformed mesh, I realize that because I can´t see a very strong of variation of the E field due to the deformed domain. I use the fully coupled pardiso solver, version of COMSOL 5.4.

Please see the attached images. "electric_E" is E field calculated only with a deformed mesh. "coupling_E" is when the E field is calculated, coupling the three physic.

What am I missing in my model for the electric field to continually adapt to the deformed mesh?

Thanks,

Daming

0 Replies Last Post Dec 4, 2019, 10:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daming Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.