Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiphysics 5.4: PIN Solar Cell modeling error

K.B.M. Sharif Mahmood

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a new user of comsol multiphysics, currently using multiphysics 5.2.

I wanted to learn about solar cell simulation in multiphysics. I searched and found a youtube tutorial, where multiphysics 4.3a was used.

I believe, I tried to follow all the procedures step by step that was shown.

This message shows when I click "compute" under study in the simulation.

• Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Undefined variable.
    • Variable: emw.k0
    • Geometry: geom1
    • Boundary: 9 Failed to evaluate variable.
    • Variable: comp1.ka
    • Defined as: emw.k0 Failed to evaluate variable.
    • Variable: comp1.kay
    • Defined as: (-comp1.ka)*cos(incidenceAngle/unit_rad_cf) Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: abs(comp1.kay) Failed to evaluate variable.
    • Variable: comp1.ewfd.alphaport_1
    • Defined as: j*abs(comp1.kay) Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: (-comp1.ewfd.alphaport_1)*j Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: comp1.ewfd.intport1((-comp1.ewfd.alphaport_1)*j) Failed to evaluate variable.
    • Variable: comp1.ewfd.beta_1
    • Defined as: comp1.ewfd.intport1((-comp1.ewfd.alphaport_1)*j)/comp1.ewfd.Area_1 Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: abs(arg(comp1.ewfd.beta_1)*unit_rad_cf) Failed to evaluate operator.
    • Operator: if
    • Global scope Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: if((abs(arg(comp1.ewfd.beta_1)unit_rad_cf)<=(0.25pi))||(abs(arg(comp1.ewfd.beta_1)unit_rad_cf)>=(pi0.75)),0,-comp1.ewfd.S1x) Failed to evaluate expression.
    • Expression: if(abs(arg(comp1.ewfd.beta_1)unit_rad_cf)<=0.25pi||abs(arg(comp1.ewfd.beta_1)unit_rad_cf)>=0.75pi,0,-comp1.ewfd.S1x)

Will anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 16, 2019, 4:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello K.B.M. Sharif Mahmood

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.