Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

i want to compare the analytic solution with the solution obtained with comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi , i calculate the analytic solution of the distribution of temperature in a hollow cylinder . I did the simulation in comsol , and i draw the temperature in comsol see figure 1

my problem now i want to calculate the error between the analytic solution and the simulation when i tried to define a function analytic in comsol and use it after , the comsol don't reconize it in the result section see figure 2

please help

thanks

2 Replies Last Post Jan 19, 2020, 4:03 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 18, 2020, 11:37 a.m. EST

Adam,

if you defined the function after solving the model you need to update the solution to make it available in the post processing.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Adam, if you defined the function after solving the model you need to update the solution to make it available in the post processing. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 4 years ago Jan 19, 2020, 4:03 a.m. EST

thanks , for help it works now ^_^

thanks , for help it works now ^_^

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.