Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two-phase flow: Slip at the interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I built a two-phase flow model using phase-field to track the interface between two immiscible liquids flowing in a microcapillary channel. I validate my model against experimental data and the model is working fine.

Now I would like to modify the model and impose a Navier-slip condition at the interface between the two liquids (e.i. at the macro level, there is an observable "difference" in the velocity of the fluid 1 and fluid 2 at the interface). Since the interface is moving, the slip boundary condition at the interface is not stationary and must follow the changes/deformation.

Any insight on how to impose this BC at the interface?

Thanks.

-------------------
ANDREW

0 Replies Last Post Jan 23, 2020, 8:19 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andrew

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.