Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to do a parameter sweep of a 2D axisymmetric resonator with EWFD and guarantee I store the effective index of the fundamental 00 mode??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a 2d axisymmetric model that is just a rectangular ring resonator waveguide.

I would like to do a paremeter sweep over waveguide geometry and get the effective index of the TE00 or TM00 modes.

The problem is that if I choose to search for my effective index via the "closest in absolute value" or "highest real value" approach as I do my parameter sweet over waveguide geometry, the effective index of the, for instance, TE01 mode becomes the one that the parameter sweet stores and the effective index of the TE00 mode as I would like.

Is there a way to guarantee during a sweep that the effective index of the fundamental mode is stored?

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 4, 2020, 8:35 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joseph Bush

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.