Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid structure interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I am trying to run a simulation for fluid structure interaction. In the definition section under the global Variable probe I am using an expression for the total forces acting on my model. The expression is -intop1(fsi.T_stressx) for drag and -intop1(fsi.T_stressy) for lift forces. But the expression is still orange and showing as unknown expression.

Can someone help me on this how to resolve this issue. Or is there any mistake in defining the expression??

Thanks in advance Sai Teja

2 Replies Last Post Feb 9, 2020, 11:14 a.m. EST
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 7, 2020, 4:18 p.m. EST

As far as I know there are two reasons that an expression might appear orange.

One is that the units are wrong. If you hover over the entry it will show the expected and actual units.

If the units are right probably the expression contains things COMSOL does not know about at this particular point in the program.

As far as I know there are two reasons that an expression might appear orange. One is that the units are wrong. If you hover over the entry it will show the expected and actual units. If the units are right probably the expression contains things COMSOL does not know about at this particular point in the program.

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 9, 2020, 11:14 a.m. EST

Thank you so much Dave. That helped me.

Thank you so much Dave. That helped me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.