Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export coordinates of zero contour?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use the microfluidics level set module to solve a time-dependent two-phase flow problem. I want to export the interface at all times. How to do this?

Essentially I just want to export the coordinates of the phi=0 contour (basically the zero contour of any 2D data, can be anything in any modules). I know I can just export the variable phi, but I will just end up with GBs of data which I cannot even open with notepad directly as the file size is way too large (and I just need to know the contour, not other thing else). I can also right click my contour plot and select export, but then it only export the coordinates of the contour at one time. I want the coordinates at multiple times.

What's the best way (in terms of memory storage and ease of access) to do it? Ideally, I want just want a file which lists the (x,y) coordinates of the contour at selected times.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 16, 2020, 5:02 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Physics student

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.