Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Internal error file processing.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was trying to edit an application in Application Builder that outputs a file with all the node and element numbers (the application came from here https://www.comsol.com/blogs/exporting-meshes-and-solutions-using-the-application-builder/ but I was trying to edit it so I could use it for a different model of my own) I was trying to change the folder the data is saved to to my current directory. So under File Menu > Preferences > Files > Application files I changed the "Folder for user files (user:///): " field to a ".". After clicking ok it said something about how the program must be restarted for the changes to be applied. I did that, but it wouldn't restart and I got this error message saying "Internal error file processing." I've tried to uninstall and reinstall COMSOL multiple times and still, I always get this error even if I try opening a model that was previously working. Can someone please help?

1 Reply Last Post Feb 28, 2020, 7:13 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 28, 2020, 7:13 p.m. EST

Update: I'm not an expert with computers or COMSOL, so I can't explain what went wrong and how it was fixed but, for now, everything is working again. I deleted the folder ".comsol" (actually, I'm not sure if it was ever deleted during one of my uninstallation/installation attempts) and my Application files are now being saved back to their default directory. If I figure out what exactly happened and how it was corrected I'll try to remember to post it.

Update: I'm not an expert with computers or COMSOL, so I can't explain what went wrong and how it was fixed but, for now, everything is working again. I deleted the folder ".comsol" (actually, I'm not sure if it was ever deleted during one of my uninstallation/installation attempts) and my Application files are now being saved back to their default directory. If I figure out what exactly happened and how it was corrected I'll try to remember to post it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.