Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add a weak constraint to a governing equation for damage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All:

I have a governing equation , where d is the damage variable, A and B are constant variables, and H_p is the maximum value of positive strain energy (calculated by the positive principal strain). I want to add a constraint that, when the "positive " strain energy is less than the "negative" strain energy, H_n (calculated by the negative principal strain), then the damage will be zero, i.e. for domain . How should I add this constraint to the governing equation? How to select the Lagrange multiplier?

Thank you for your help and time.

-------------------
Yu Zhang

0 Replies Last Post Mar 5, 2020, 7:19 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yu Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.