Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using lindev operator to calculate the impedance of fuel cell

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I´m trying to simulate the EIS of PEM fuel cell using the Equation-Based Modeling (Weak Form PDE). The used PDE equation is the Diffusion equation, with Butler-Volmer equation to determine the flow based on Faraday's Law. After using two steps study (stationary and frequency perturbation), linper() operator to mark the AC contribution as a harmonic perturbation , the impedance have been calculated as following: Z = lindev(V)/lindev(i)

Tring to understand exactly how the operator lindev works (I already read the description in Reference-User-Guide), and whether I built my model correctly, I built another model, but this time a linearization of the Butler Volmer equation (not the formula in Batteries & Fuel Cells Users Guide) is used and the linper(), lindev() operators had been dispensed. Of course, instead of a frequency perturbation study I used a normal frequency domain study, but still don´t get the same results from the two models. Any idea where I may have made a mistake? Could someone please explain (maybe with example) how exactly the operator lindev works?

thanks in advance

Mohammad

0 Replies Last Post Mar 18, 2020, 7:43 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammad

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.