Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bicarbonate buffer equilibrium and diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Does anyone know how to couple equilibrium reaction (for bicarbonate buffer) and transport of diluted species ? I was able to build both physics separetly bu I can't see any coupling between them.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 24, 2020, 8:56 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 24, 2020, 8:56 a.m. EDT

I have done it via kinetics. i.e. put a high (arbitrary) value for the dissociation rate constant and use the equilibrium constant to calculate the othe, i.e.

K_eq = k_diss/k_bind

I have noticed that using the equilibrium reaction, it never converges.

Lasse

I have done it via kinetics. i.e. put a high (arbitrary) value for the dissociation rate constant and use the equilibrium constant to calculate the othe, i.e. K_eq = k_diss/k_bind I have noticed that using the equilibrium reaction, it never converges. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.