Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequency change in acoustic structure interaction / radiation model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am interested in modelising the elasto-acoutic coupling of a thin plate surrounded by air. My model is a plate surrounded by a sphere of air. My problem is that if I change the radius of the sphere or even when the plate changes position inside the sphere, the eigenfrequencies of the plate change quite a lot For exemple, a given eigenmode with an eigenfrequency of 1285 Hz inside a 40cm radius has an eigenfrequency of 2007 Hz in a 80 cm radius sphere. Would you have a clue on how to fix this problem ? An other information that might (or might not !) be usefull is that when I compute the eigenfrequency study, the eigenmodes of both the sphere and the plate are return. Would there be a way to compute the eigenmodes of the plate only, still taking into acount the elasto-acoustic conversion without the geometry of the volume of air being an issue ? Thank you for your help, Best wishes, Chloë

0 Replies Last Post Apr 27, 2020, 7:34 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chloë Palerm

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.